Tuesday, February 28, 2012







When anxiety gets the best of you, get the best of your anxiety.

Irrational worries, accompanied by rational worries, are not supposed to de-stress your mind or your day. I'm sick of letting this madness get the best of me and turn into panic attacks, which if you've had... you know what I mean. Lame. Terrifying. So today I started something.

Word of the day:


B E A U T I F U L .


Any persistent worry or anxious thought that came to mind, I replaced with a sentence involving "beautiful." It snowed today, I wasn't annoyed. Looked at the gorgeous tree in front of me and thought about it positively. Every worry was replaced with positive enforcement, focused on sources aside from myself. The tactic? Not too shabby.


Example:

Anxious thought: I don't feel so good, (feeling of suffocation), I feel like I'm swerving, (heart beats a little faster), What if I pass out while driving? I feel like I can't breathe. What if I did pass out and suddenly die? (huge anxiety about unknown and death), breathe in.. 1..2..3..4..5.. breathe out.. 1..2..3..4..5.. [each fearful thought leads to another fearful thought.]

Thoughts to kill that anxious bastard!: I don't feel so good, (feeling of suffocation.) breathe in.. 1..2..3..4..5, breathe out..1..2..3..4..5.. repeat. This snow is so beautiful (focus attention on one specific thing)--> That tree is so beautiful with the snow on it like that. Tim Berton goes Christmas style! (continue to breathe.) That building looks so beautiful, the sky looks so beautiful, life is beautiful, etc. etc. etc.... And the key is? You can't feel dorky!! You must be sincere! It's changing your brain and will make you want to think more positive thoughts about everything.


I'm even an optimist. Hardcore. And my anxiety turns me into this hypochondriac, "I'm gonna die", super worried person, convinced of the worst. Not me at all. Kickin' anxiety's ass!!!!


Now this is just brain stuff. Mind stuff. Also a big nutrition nut and have gone partially raw, gradually going fully raw. Nutrition: SO IMPORTANT.

Anyway, end of post. Life is beautiful.

No comments: